Host Darren Burns welcomed 19 members to Vancouver on October 1-2 for the Fall 2015 Roundtable. In addition to stunning views and fabulous weather, six vendor presentations contributed to the success of the event.
- Erin Rae Hoffer of Autodesk discussed disruptive technologies and the role Autodesk hopes to play.
- Deltek presented their Vision product roadmap. Features and modules available this fall in 7.5 include improvements to project planning, expansion of approval workflows, asset management module, greater functionality in iAccess, and enhancements to Touch Time & Expense. The acquisition of HRSmart for human resource functions was announced.
- Luke Wignall gave a very informative presentation around nVidia’s Grid card as a facilitator of high performance graphics in a virtual desktop environment.
- Former AEC|IT Leaders president Chris Pinckney discussed his new company, 280blue, and their strategy for facilitating collaborative interaction between technology startups and I.T. professionals.
- Hummingbird drones gave a fascinating talk about their use of drones in the effort to identify wildfire hot spots in remote wilderness and their goals to expand their technology to other survey applications including buildings indianpharmall.com.
- Boris Mann demonstrated some of the wearable technology Human is working on including the intersection of virtual reality and augmented reality.
In addition to vendor presentations, Brendon Mullins and Aubrey Tucker discussed their virtual reality R&D efforts at Stantec. The group also enjoyed a visit to the Vancouver Aquarium, a virtual flight over Canada (hang on), and a fantastic dinner Thursday evening.
Friday’s business meeting included rollout of the new logo and website, discussion of additional features members would like on the web site, and announcement of an incentive program to encourage members to contribute content. Kansas City was confirmed as venue for the Spring 2016 meeting and Philadelphia will play host in fall 2016. Members who were unable to come to Vancouver are encouraged to attend in KC.