Host Richard Hodge welcomed nearly 35 members to Philadelphia on October 20-21 for the Fall 2016 Roundtable. Four sponsors contributed to the success of the event:
- Justin Boitano presented Frame’s capability to deploy virtual desktops in the cloud capable of running design applications such as Revit, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and the like.
- ARC Document Solutions (James Mercado and Nick Miller) demonstrated Skysite, a hosted document distribution and project collaboration tool which ensures all team members have access to the latest documents.
- Angie Izzi discussed Autodesk’s initiatives for moving beyond transactional file-based workflows to a collaborative project design and delivery model including the role Forge will play in this transformation.
- Eagle Point Software (Brad Heil, Ray Thorn, and Tiffany Willard) demonstrated how Pinnacle Series software helps firms organize and deliver training materials, standards, and other documentation impotenciastop.pt.
In addition member led discussions included:
- Sam Ishak reviewed a recent ransomware attack experienced by his firm including how it was dealt with and what lessons were learned to minimize future risk.
- Thursday afternoon field trip to Kieran Timberlake provided insight into several of their technology explorations.
- Ryan Welch presented KT’s research initiatives including work with Autodesk API’s.
Friday’s business meeting included discussion of website member profiles and forthcoming data visualization. Long time member John Robison announced that Dawn Bridge will be assuming the primary member role from KTGY and he will assume secondary membership status. We thank John for his contribution to the group over the years, including the past several as board president, and look forward to his participation at future meetings. Tim Rice will assume the role of president. Ron Heims is vice president and treasurer, Susan Koenigs is secretary, and Matt Birk is membership coordinator.